NATIONAL BROADCAST CONTENT AND LANGUAGE SUMMIT
- South African broadcasting needs from cultural, demographic and geographic perspectives;
- how to reflect South African culture, national identity and nation building;
- the role of public, commercial and community broadcasters in meeting public broadcasting needs;
- developing a shared vision for the development of South African content; and
- developing broad policy guidelines for government to support and nurture the broadcasting industry.
The department of Communications has set the following as the envisaged outcomes of the National Summit:
- A Charter and policy proposals to guide the broadcasting industry.
- List of policy recommendations that will guide the Regulator in its licensing process.
- Effective implementation strategies for the support, development and sustenance of a viable South, African production industry.
- Participation by members of the public, private organisations as well as civil society in the process of shaping broadcasting and its content in South Africa.
- Cultural and language objectives for broadcasting services.
- Funding Mechanisms for local content development and broadcasting services in the eleven official languages.