The object of these regulations is to:
(1) Standardise Radio Frequency Spectrum Licence Fees and Pricing in order to promote efficiency of spectrum use and conformity with international standards in the usage of spectrum in the Republic;
(2) Establish a transparent, fair, competitive and non-discriminatory Radio Frequency Spectrum Pricing based on administrative incentive pricing and which does not preclude the use of auctions and other internationally accepted methods of determining Radio Frequency Spectrum Price;
(3) Encourage efficient and effective utilisation of spectrum, encouraging, on an incentive basis, migration to lesser populated and low-demand bands;
(4) Ensure that the costs of managing and monitoring the radio frequency spectrum are at least covered by fee income;
(5) Promote competition by simplifying and harmonising the Radio Frequency Spectrum Pricing process; and
(6) Achieve government policy objectives of even development of telecommunications infrastructure across the Republic.